Many people define being positive by one’s ability to see things in a “good” light regardless of how bad or ugly they are. They estimate a person’s positivity by how much pain, disrespect, anger and stress he/she can take without losing that “special smile” – even if it was a fake one 🙂
- However, the longer I think about positivity, and the deeper I try to understand it, I realize that many positive “thoughts” are mainly lies we feed ourselves in order to fill our hunger for real happiness and peace of mind.
Allow me to share a few examples with you:
- Good things happen to those who wait.
But how long can you wait? And what if they come after you don’t need them anymore? Are they still considered good?
- You should see the glass half full.
What if the full half is full of crap? Poison? Or just some rotten juice? Isn’t the glass better half empty then?
- Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.
What if it was scorching hot and a drought was in the horizon? You bring more sun? Or you just get some of your “gloomy” clouds to try to help?
- If you don’t get everything you want, think of the things you don’t get that you don’t want.
I’d rather think about the things I don’t want but still get!
- If you don’t think every day is a good day, just try missing one.
I’m sure whoever wrote this never tried missing one so he really has no solid grounds for his assumption!
- Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
At the same token, attitude could be a big thing that makes a little to no difference!
- Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same.
2 things: You can be miserable and strong or happy and weak. Also, making ourselves happy and strong needs more work, that is if we can find a right definition for happy to begin with!
- We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
…. and suffering from sever neck pains!
- Defeat is not bitter unless you swallow it.
What if you try to inject it? Or even sniff it?
- The only disability in life is a bad attitude.
However, some of the many successful people in life carry around a bad attitude and this is what got them where they are!
- My riches consist not in the extent of my possessions, but in the fewness of my wants.
Okay. But how about the needs? They are many, aren’t they? Or those could be chopped up as well?
- There are no menial jobs, only menial attitudes.
Have you ever visited one of the sweatshops where the workers are beaten, harassed, abused and rarely paid? I have! Therefore, I totally disagree!
(To be continued)