(For the sake of ease, let’s call the girl Ba2ra and the boy Dabdoub!)
The love story between Ba2ra and Dabdoub was just like any other story; it had its ups and downs. And through every down, Ba2ra was always there trying to hold the ship of their relation above water.
It is important to mention here that Ba2ra was very different from Dabdoub: She was too sensitive, too emotional and she was over trusting as well. She loved with all her heart and mind and gave all she had just to see the person she loved happy. Dabdoub’s mere presence used to fill her with so much joy and peace. On the other hand, Dabdoub was emotionally-detached, very self centered, cold and very careful about trusting others, even her. He used to claim that he was a :logical” person who dealt with matters only using his “sound” judgments and never took his heart’s desire into consideration.
4 months passed, and Dabdoub and Ba2ra were faced with the biggest conflict possible: Disapproval from Dabdoub’s family because she was not as rich and traditional as they would have liked her to be. His opinion was to let things flow and to wait and see what happens. Just then, the ship began to drown and Ba2ra was faced with a heavy decision to make: Does she accept the unfairness and leave? Or embrace it and stay?
Knowing Ba2ra, she decided to stay! She was humiliated by Dabdoub’s family and yet she held on.
Though the relationship between her and her loved one became almost obsolete and a BIG secret that only close people to Ba2ra knew about, Ba2ra still loved and cared for Dabdoub. She gave him all the love and attention she could give, waiting for nothing in return (maybe just a stolen few hours here and there to spend some time with him).
Days passed so slowly, Dabdoub’s selfishness was beginning to overpower her. His cold words began to numb her skin and scar her heart. She cried on her birthday and on every other occasion that lovers seize to rejoice! She was lonely.. So lonely… Yet, she still stood by Dabdoub and tried, as much as she could, to be by his side, help him, make sure he knew she was proud of him and she will love him no matter what!
After many short-lived goodbyes, Dabdoub started taking Ba2ra for granted. He knew she could never leave and played with that fact to his interest.
As if sneaking around and all the secrecy were not enough, Dabdoub also tried to use his conniving methods to deceit Ba2ra into believing that he was honest with her though he had ulterior plans all along!
Ba2ra was a smart girl, she had a good sense of humor and she was pretty good looking. She knew she could choose to be with anyone else, and God knows how many better men came along, yet she didn’t. She had faith in their love and in him.
One day, and after a long fight, Ba2ra decided to end things once and for all… She was tired of the fact that Play Station was more important than her… She was tired of being repeatedly asked to give Dabdoub “space” although they were not really in a relationship and they barely saw each other.
Later on, Ba2ra finds out about all the lies Dabdoub has been weaving behind her back.
***Of course, like every story, there are things that remain untold due to their fragility or out of respect for the characters in that story.
Yet, the truth of the matter remains that every story told is told for a reason: it is an experience which can teach us something!
And what we can learn in this short story is the following:
“Men” You Should Never Fall For are:
– Those are not willing to fight for you, no matter who you are, what or where you have been.
– Men who are too self-involved and think too highly of themselves based on money or authority.
– Men who play with words in order to win you over.
– Men who will not appreciate your simplest gestures.
– Men who don’t believe in occasions as a reason to buy gifts- not even a rose!
– Men who tell you: “I don’t know how to lie”. They are the biggest lairs you can ever meet.
– Men who say: “I am very loyal”. If they really were they would prove it by actions not words.
– Men who prefer playing Play Station than spending quality time with you.
– Men who think ignore your calls for hours and then tell you simply that they “didn’t see the phone.”
– Men who are lazy: what takes ordinary people an hour to do would take them more than 4!
– Men who maintain contact with their ex’s in the form of messages, calls or Facebook friends!
– Men who are ready to hang up the phone in your face, for whatever reason it may be.
– Men who are willing to let you cry for hours instead of comforting you.
– Men who tell you:”Go read a book or watch a movie” when you are HURTING!
– Men who are so attached to materialistic things.
– Dependent men who can not make solid decisions on their own.
– Men who will ask you to “delete their pictures from your PC” after a fight.
– Men who are ready to make up promises they know they can’t keep just to have you give up the most important things in your life.
– Men who would disappear for hours or even days without a valid excuse.
– Men who do not place you anywhere close to their priority list.
– Men who lie about being “Busy” while they are spending their time telling jokes and “educating” others.
– Men who don’t mind being harassed by their younger siblings about where they are and what they are doing.
– Men who keep gaining weight while watching you lose it due to their ignorance and carelessness!
– Men who don’t know the simplest etiquette rules!
– Men who do not have any sense of belonging to their origins.
– Men who are charming enough to sweep you off your feet then after a few encounters they appear to you as who they really are.
– Men who allow others to offend you and never take a stand.
– Men who make you feel bad about who you are and where you are from.
– Men who are ready to string you along for years and never feel bad about it.
– Men who do not feel guilt or shame!
– Men who are ready to wait until he is wed to a girl which “fits into their parent’s standards”.
– Men who make taking you to buy some things (from your own money) sound like a huge deal!
– Men who are cold and emotionless. Those you can never change.
– Men who will send u their best wishes for a “joyful blessed life” after they have completely messed up any chances for that!
– Men who keep losing things!
– Men who do not have the decency to confront you with their plans.
And last but not least, men who think that your love for them is a weakness rather than a blessing.
Cheers to all real men who are not mentioned above!